Acrylic Pool Decking
The most econmical choice for your pool deck is acrylic finish, which consists of approximately 1/8 inch thick coating of acrylic. Most pool companies will use a water-based acrylic, which is much less durable. CM Custom Pools always uses a true resin-based two part acrylic finish. Our standard finish for acrylic pool decking is a hand-troweled knock-down finish with a concrete stain color coating applied on top. It is also available with a speckled or full coverage finish which incorporates a base color and a misting of accent colors.
There are many design options associated with acrylic, including:
• Faux tile finishes
• Faux diamond finishes
• Borders and edging
• Faux cobblestone
• Faux natural stone
• ..and many other choices
Flagstone Pool Deck
Flagstone is a natural stone quarried from all around the world. It is often used for pool decking because it offers the lowest maintenance and longest lifespan of any pool decking option. Flagstone is available in numerous colors, shapes, and sizes.
Flagstone is generally the most expensive pool decking option because of the high shipping costs and the amount of labor and artistry involved in creating a beautiful pool deck.
Paver pool decks are very popular, and are available in many shapes, sizes, and colors. They come in two thicknesses – one inch pavers are generally used for remodeling over an existing pool deck, and two and half inch pavers are used for building a pool deck from scratch. In the case of a new pool deck, CM Custom Pools hand-lay the pavers over a layer of crushed concrete road base and typically uses a brick coping for the pool edge.
Stamped and Decorative Concrete
Stamped concrete is an excellent alternative to pavers or plain concrete, allowing you to customize your indoor or outdoor flooring in a variety of ways.
Some examples of stamped and decorative concrete finishes include:
• Acid stained concrete
• Water colored concrete
• Chemical stains
• Stamped inlays (adding a feature to existing concrete)
• Stamped overlays (adding a layer of decorative concrete over your existing concrete)
Travertine is a natural cut stone, mined in a similar way to granite. It is the most expensive and attractive paver decking, but very limited in color choices – there are only three or four different color options. Pool travertine is approximately one inch thick so it is excellent for remodeling or installing over existing concrete. Of course, it is also a great choice for new pool construction.
Rubber Surfacing by RubberDek®
• In addition to more traditional surfacing including tile, natural stone, pavers, and stamped concrete, CM Custom Pools is proud to install rubber surfacing for pool, porch, or play areas. Manufactured by RubberDek, our rubber surfacing provides a safe and comfortable area for your family to enjoy, and is extremely durable and long-lasting.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is RubberDek® used for?
- RubberDek® provides a durable, beautiful, soft safety surface over virtually any substrate such as wood, concrete, tile, asphalt, metal, plastic and a lot more. It is ideal for pool decks, patios, walkways, driveways, play areas, splash pads, boats, animal transportation trailers and more.
What is RubberDek® made of and how is it applied?
- RubberDek® is comprised of the highest quality EPDM Rubber mixed with a specially formulated resin and is trowelled onto virtually any substrate to create a non-slip seamless safe surface. RubberDek® can be applied at any thickness depending on the substrate or purpose, but for most applications RubberDek® is installed at a quarter inch thick to provide a durable non-slip comfortable surface to walk on.
How durable is RubberDek®?
- RubberDek® is virtually indestructible. Weather conditions such as freeze and thaw, humid verses dry or extreme hot and cold climates will not change the properties of RubberDek®.
How does RubberDek® compare to other surfacing products?
- RubberDek® is flexible – The nature of RubberDek® rubber and RubberDek® specially formulated resin allows for movement in the surface without causing cracking, peeling or flaking. Temperature changes can create movement and cause cracking, peeling or flaking of most surfacing products. RubberDek® simply flexes, leaving no adverse effects.
How will the finished product look?
- RubberDek® not only offers a safe, softer, non-skid surface, but also creates a beautiful decorative seamless surface. With all of the color combinations available, CM Custom Pools can create custom borders, designs, and even logos to create an individual custom look for you.
How does the surface wear?
- RubberDek® although soft to the touch is a very durable, hardwearing surface. The easiest comparison is to think of the tires on your vehicle. These rubber tires not only hold several tons of weight and pressure, but can withstand extreme temperatures from the hot summer days on asphalt to the cold icy conditions of winter.